Canada Immigration and Customs Information

A friendly welcome. We look forward to seeing you!

Helpful tips to make your entry into Canada more smooth so you can focus on your vacation and leave your stress behind.

We've put all the information you need at your fingertips.

Need a visa application form? Not sure if you need a passport for your destination? We're here to help.

Latest News Bulletins

  • OPERATIONS UPDATE - Friday, August 12, 2022, 3:15 PM (MDT)

    Friday, August 12, 2022, 3:15 PM (MST)  

    As we approach the last few weeks of summer, we would like to thank all our guests who have visited Panorama already. For those returning and those who are still to join us this summer for their first time, we would like to provide an update of a few upcoming events and operational changes.

    It’s been a hot and beautiful stretch of weather over the last several weeks which we see forecasted to continue. With all the heat, and the dry conditions, we encourage everyone to stay vigilant about wildfire safety in our community. The fire danger rating in our area is listed as extreme. To learn more about the current prohibitions, read the bulletin here. To report a wildfire or smoke, call 1.800.663.5555 or *5555 (from a cell phone).

    The challenges regarding labour within the tourism sector continue, but there are strong indicators that the shortages will dissipate by winter. In the meantime, we are doing our best to keep as much open as possible for our guests to have a great experience. However, as some of our seasonal summer staff return to school there are a few adjustments to offerings that are required.

    The waterslides at the Panorama Springs Pools will be closed Tuesday, August 16 and Wednesday, August 17. Monday, August 21 will be the last day of operations for the waterslides.

    The Panorama Springs Pool facility remains open 10am — 10pm and the cool pool and deck will also remain open until Monday September 5. On Tuesday, September 6 the pool facility will be closed completely for a pool deck restoration project. The project is a huge undertaking and will provide a much better pool experience in the coming season.  To help offset the impact of pool deck project we have extended the Toby Pool operations until Thanksgiving on Monday, October 10. 

    Starting Monday, August 15 the Village Gondola operation hours will change to 9am — 6pm, Monday to Thursdays. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Gondola hours will remain the same (9am — 10pm). 

    On the Labour Day Holiday Weekend we will celebrate the end of our summer operations with help from our friends at Red Bull. On the Saturday, Sunday and Monday downhill mountain bike riders of any skill, race against the clock to record their best time and post it against fellow competitors in Red Bull Downtime!

    Still more events this summer, The Jackpine Challenge open until September 2, The Transrockies Gravel Royale on August 22-25 and newest event the OKTIMES FUNduro presented by Okanagan Springs on Sunday, August 28.

    Just wait until you here what we have planned for winter! BIG news ahead! For the latest news stay tuned to our social media channels.

    Mountain Upadtes FB




    Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Panorama's decision making has been governed by British Columbia public health orders and guidelines, in consultation with industry through the Canada West Ski Areas Association (CWSAA). Our absolute priority has been the safety and health of our employees, guests and community.

    As of today, the government has removed all restrictions. The Vaccination Passport program has ended and venues are now open to all guests (with no capacity limits). Masks are not required indoors or outdoors, but if you want to continue to wear one then please do so. It is your choice!

    Please read and understand the latest BC update. As we've learned, the situation is subject to change, but for now here's to a more normal summer in the mountains.

    Finally, our sincere thanks to everyone who visited the resort through the winter season. Following the rules ensured that we had a mountain of fun!

Travelers Arriving from the US

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is new U.S. legislation that requires all travellers to carry a valid passport or other appropriate secure document, or combination of documents that establish citizenship and identity when travelling to the United States from within the Western Hemisphere.

Since January 23, 2007, anyone travelling by AIR between the United States and Canada is required to present a valid passport or NEXUS card (when used at designated airports) to enter or re-enter the United States.

As of June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada LAND or SEA (including cruises and ferries), will be required to present one of the travel documents listed below.

  • U.S. Passport - This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person's identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.
  • U.S. Passport Card - This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.
  • Enhanced Driver's License (EDL) - Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver's license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.
  • Trusted Traveler Program Cards - NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.

Beginning June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizens under the age of 16, or under the age of 19 if travelling with a school, religious, or other youth group, may present a birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Canadian Citizenship Card or a naturalization certificate. Birth certificates can be an original, photocopy, or certified copy.

Websites with additional information

International Visitors to Canada

International visitors to Canada (not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents) must carry a valid passport and, if required, a visa. Citizens from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Mexico, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia and others do not require a visa to enter Canada. Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for a complete listing of countries whose citizens require visas to enter Canada.

All other visitors should contact their Canadian consulate or embassy to learn what documents are required. Contact information for Canadian embassies around the world can be found at the Foreign Affairs Canada website.

To learn more about Canadian customs regulations, visit the Canada Border Services Agency website.

Travelers with Children

If you are traveling with children, you must carry identification, such as a birth certificate, proof of citizenship or student visa for each child under 18 years old. Divorced parents who share custody of their children should carry copies of the legal custody documents. Adults who are not parents or guardians must have written permission from the parents or guardians to accompany the children.

When traveling with a group of vehicles, parents or guardians should travel in the same vehicle as the children for border crossing.

Customs officers are often looking for missing children and may ask questions about the children who are traveling with you.

Customs & Duty

Visitors are allowed to bring certain goods as part of their "personal baggage", but some products are limited and, in some cases, prohibited by Canada Customs.

Products that are banned include obscene materials, hate propaganda, most weapons and firearms and goods harmful to the environment.

Importing Items

The following is a list of items you are allowed to bring into Canada tax-free if you are over 19:

  • 200gm tobacco, OR
  • 200 cigarettes, OR
  • 20 cigars, OR
  • 200 tobacco sticks per person;
  • 1.5 litres of wine OR
  • 1.14 litres of liquor per person, gifts for relatives and friends, tax-free as long as each gift is valued at CAD $ 60.00 or less. Canadian custom brokers or a Canadian Customs office can provide information on transportation companies that offer efficient, cross-border delivery of materials for time-sensitive meetings or exhibits.

Returning Home

The following is a guideline for visitors returning home from Canada and may change at any time. Contact your local embassy or consulate, before returning home, if you are unsure of an item you are bringing back home.

  • USA Residents - Every 30 days, returning U.S. Citizens are allowed to bring back duty free $400 worth of retail merchandise, provided they have been outside the U.S. for 48 hours. If the length of stay is less than 48 hours, $200 worth of merchandise may be taken back to the USA.
  • UK Residents - Citizens of the U.K. returning from a non-EU country have a customs allowance of 200 cigarettes, OR 50 cigars, OR 250g of smoking tobacco; 2 liters of still table wine; 1 liter of spirits or strong liqueur (over 22% volume); 2 liters of fortified wine, sparkling wine, OR other liqueurs; 60cc (ml) perfume; 250cc (ml) of cologne; AND £145 worth of all other goods, including gifts and souvenirs. People under 17 cannot have the tobacco or alcohol allowance.
  • EU Residents - Each passenger over 17 years of age from a non-EU country is entitled to import the following articles duty-free; in 200 cigarettes, OR 50 cigars, OR 250g of tobacco (or a mixture of all three if their combined weight doesn't exceed 250g); 2l of wine, and 1 l of spirits with an alcoholic content exceeding 22% vol, OR 2 l of spirits/aperitifs with an alcoholic content less than 22% vol, OR 2 l champagne/sparkling wine/liqueur wine; 50 g of perfume; 0.25 l cologne; gifts of a value not exceeding approximately ECU 175. Limits cannot be added for passengers travelling together.
  • Australian Residents - The duty-free allowance in Australia is A$400 OR, for those under 18, A$200. Personal property mailed back from abroad should be marked Australian goods returned to avoid payment of duty. Upon returning to Australia, citizens can bring in 250 cigarettes OR 250g of loose tobacco; and 1.125ml of alcohol. If you're returning with previously owned valuable goods, such as foreign-made cameras, file form B263.
  • New Zealand Residents - The duty-free allowance for New Zealand is NZ$700. Citizens over 17 can bring in 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, OR 250g of tobacco (OR a mixture of all three if their combined weight doesn't exceed 250g); plus 4.5 liters of wine and beer, OR 1.125 liters of liquor. New Zealand currency does not carry import or export restrictions. Fill out a certificate of export, listing the valuables you are taking out of the country; that way, you can bring them back without paying duty.

Visitors to Canada from countries not listed here should check before they leave what their limits are for duty-free.

View Reports 20°
Search + Shop


A mix of sun and cloud with isolated showers.

Freezing level: 4800 metres.

Mostly light ridge wind occasionally gusting to 50 km/h.

Current Weather

11:10PM 21 July, 2024



Mid Mountain2160m



Lifts & Trails


Biking Trails Open


Hiking Trails Open


Lifts Open

Shop Now +