Mountain Facts & Figures
Panorama has 2,975 acres of terrain – ranging from wide open fall-line cruisers to powder-filled tree lines and the steep and deep exhilaration of Taynton Bowl.
The ski area is perfect for a variety of abilities with 75% of the runs suitable for beginners or intermediates. Think wide open groomers, winding down the fall-line right to the village or the door of your condo.
For black-diamond runs, head to Taynton Bowl. Formerly a heli-skiiing area, Taynton Bowl is now within bounds, so the slopes are patrolled, avalanche controlled and no backcountry gear is needed. Warm up first as the 750 acre bowl is all black runs. It’s a great place to find hidden powder stashes days after a storm.
Panorama Mountain Stats
- 2019/2020 Winter Season: December 6, 2019 - April 12, 2020
- Vertical Drop: 1300m / 4265 ft
- Base Elevation: 1150m / 3773 ft
- Summit Elevation: 2450m / 8038 ft
- Terrain: 2975 patrolled acres
- Average Snowfall: 520 cm / 204 inches
- Snowmaking: 40% of main named runs
- Trails: 129 named trails
- Terrain: 20% beginner, 55% intermediate/advanced, 25% expert
- Uphill Capacity: 8500 skiers per hour
- Longest Run: 6.5 km (located in Taynton Bowl)
- Lift System: 10 lifts. 1 Village Gondola, 2 Express Quad Chairs, 2 Quad Chairs, 1 Triple Chair, 1 Double Chair, 1 Platter, 2 Carpet lifts
- Average Winter Temperature: -5C / 25F
Elevations around the mountain
Summit Quad Chairlift
- Top of Summit Quad Chairlift: 2365 m / 7759 ft
- Bottom of Summit Quad Chairlift: 2080 m / 6824 ft
Champagne Quad Chairlift
- Top of Champagne Express Quad: 2160 m / 7087 ft
- Bottom of Champagne Quad Chairlift: 1530 m / 5020 ft
Sunbird Triple Chairlift
- Top of Sunbird Triple Chairlift: 1595 m / 5233 ft
- Bottom of Sunbird Triple Chairlift: 1180 m / 3871 ft
Mile One Express Chairlift
- Top of Mile One Express Quad: 1560 m / 5118 ft
- Bottom of Mile One Quad Chairlift: 1180 m - 3871 ft
Discovery Quad Chairlift
- Top of Discovery Quad Chairlift: 1351 m / 4432 ft
- Bottom of Discovery Quad Chairlift: 1180 m / 3871 ft
- Top of Silver Platter: 1220 m / 4002 ft
- Bottom of Silver Platter: 1160 m / 3806 ft
Toby Double Chairlift
- Bottom of Toby Double Chairlift: 1150 m / 3373 ft
- Top of Village Gondola: 1175 m / 3855 ft
- Bottom of Village Gondola: 1140 m - 3740 ft
- Highest point on Goldie Plateau (in Taynton Bowl): 2450 m / 8038 ft
- Start of Taynton Trail: 1740 m / 5709 ft
Data gathered using 1:5000, 5 meter contour map. Produced by EcoSign.
Located in the province of British Columbia, 308 km west of Calgary, Alberta. Take the Trans Canada Highway west and then Highway 93 south to Invermere, B.C. Panorama is 18 km west of Invermere.
Owned and operated by Panorama Mountain Village Inc., a group of local homeowners and investors.
The owners decided to reinvest 100% of profit from the first 10 years back into the resort. A hands-on-commitment from owners has refocused customer service across the resort, creating exceptional guest experiences.
Greywolf Golf Course has won numerous awards and accolades and is an eighteen hole, 7,140 yard, par 72 course designed by Doug Carrick. It is open from early May to early October.