50cm OF FRESH SNOW AT THE SUMMIT THIS WEEK!
Panorama was the first resort in B.C. to open for the 2017-18 season. World Cup and Olympic ski racers including the Canadian and Swiss national teams have been training on the mountain, making the most of perfect conditions. On Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd you can ski too.
BREAKING NEWS: Eleven additional trails to open on Sunday December 3
- Heli High
- Heli Face
- White Room
- Starfire Cliffs
- Landing Strip
- Sidewinder Glades
- Taynton Trail
Here's what will open:
- Lifts will run from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- The Summit Quad will open for the first time this season. Favourites like Roy's Run, Tree Time, Trigger and Dunes have a solid 90cm base. Please note that Taynton Bowl runs via the Outback Ridge and Schober's Dream will not open this weekend.
- Off the Champagne Express, skiing and riding will be on World Cup Way, the middle of Skyline and Lower Rollercoaster. Again, race training will be in progress in some areas. Conditions on Lower Rollercoaster have improved dramatically. Downhill and Tacky will open but are not groomed.
- The Mile 1 Express will offer smooth, groomed turns on Showoff. There will be some race training taking place on the trail but there's plenty of snow for all.
- The Discovery Chair will offer novices really nice turns on Stringer.
- The Little Ripper and Red Carpet will access Highway 1.
- The Village Gondola will operate for easy access from the lower parking lot.
- Adult lift tickets will be discounted at $89 a day.
Is my Season Pass or Snow+ Card valid?
- Yes. Season Pass and Snow+ Card holders are welcome to visit and pick up their new RFID card. Snow+ Card holders will save money by using an included day. Powder chasers are ready and raring to go, so please expect occasional lines at the Guest Services Desk. If there are lines, we anticipate they will be at their peak between 8:30am and 10:30am on Saturday morning.
Where can I eat?
- The Summit Hut will be open and the fire roaring.
- The Picnic Cafe will be open for breakfast and lunch. The T-Bar & Grill is open for lunch, dinner and Après late in to the evening. You are welcome to warm-up in the Great Hall but no food or drink service will be available.
Is rental equipment available?
- Yes. Lusti's Mountain Outfitters will be open to kit your kids out for the season, or for daily ski and snowboard rentals.
This is a season of firsts for Panorama. One year ago, we won the coveted title of North American Resort of the Year at the World Snow Awards, presented in London, U.K. This year, we introduced RFID lift access and massively increased snowmaking capacity. And in truly scary news, we'll soon open some monstrous new terrain in Taynton Bowl, meaning Panorama's vertical is now top 3 in Canada!
Make plans to get on the mountain this weekend. Will you be first into the Heli High this 2017-18 winter season?