Funding Proposal Information
The Panorama Foundation provides support to qualified recipients under the Canada Income Tax Act. To qualify it must be an initiated community project. We invite letters of proposal at the request of a Panorama Foundation Board Member.
Priority is given to seed funding for Capital Projects that will create a lasting benefit to the Columbia Valley Community in partnership with other Funders, as an example, Mount Nelson Athletic Park and the CVBG & DTSS Healthy Food Greenhouse Initiative
Organizations interested in applying for funds must meet the following criteria:
- Registered nonprofit organizations with a charitable registration number.
- Located in and serving the Columbia and Windermere Valley.
- Whole mandate and/or purpose is associated directly with the betterment of the Columbia and Windermere Valley.
- Cause that has on-going benefits to the Valley community.
- Cause that is active in seeking other sources of funding.
- Must be prepared to present to Board.
- All funded projects must submit final reports.
- Must be prepared to give a follow-up presentation.
- Must be prepared to actively support the organizing of the event.
- Preference given to projects that deliver benefits to a broad base of people.
- Project must be a permanent structure, location or equipment.
- Must be accessible to the community.
- Does not fund operating Costs.
Organizations must be devoted to enhancing or serving at least one of the following areas:
- Environment preservation and protection.
- Health and education.
- Family, children and youth support services.
- Sport and recreation.
- Arts and culture.
- Religious or sectarian organizations (except where they represent nondenominational community and social support services).
- Political organizations and candidates.